2007-08-08

King of web standards

If I were the king of web standaaaaaaards
Not queen, not duke, not prince

My magic hat of web standaaaaaaards
Would be fluffy, not hard, not tense

I'd write everything in XHTML
With a /> and a /> and text/html

As I'd post my spiel, all the readers would kneel
And the critics rave, and the Web is save!
And BusinessWeek would siiiiing
If I, if I were kiiiiiing!

Each author would show respect to me
The browsers all connect to me
With an extra slash, I would earn my cash
From every underling!
If I, if I were kiiiiiing!
Just kiiiiiing!

This song is dedicated to Jeffrey Zeldman, protector of the internets and omniscient XHTML knower-everything-abouter.

Good thing XHTML is properly parsed with an XML parser or this perfectly normal XML construct would totally screw up the sidebar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Thanks for posting this.